Sunday, February 12, 2012

Camp-ward!

Okay, so I realize that ideally, if I want to draw readers to my blog, I need to write regularly. And I want to draw readers- but my thesis is more important, so I'll work on that. Short stories is better than no story.

So, as I've said, I want to go into the camp industry. I want to serve kids in need. One day, I'd like to start a camp for kids who have been abused or are dealing with issues of violence- a camp that focuses on outdoor adventures and community service, incorporates environmental education, and has a Christ-centered leadership framework without requiring youth participation in religious activities. So I had an interview last week for a job at a camp that sounds amazing. It's far far away from here- more than half-way across the country. It has an extensive outdoor adventure-travel program.... it does not have any religious affiliation. It encourages volunteerism.... but serves youth who's parents have money.... but the incoming director is interested in developing a nonprofit entity to bring in funds for scholarships so other kids can attend... and he's interested in possibly having me work on getting that going!!!!! Wow! Oh, wow! Can I please? I really want to!!!!!!!!
Okay. Calm down..... but WOW!
So I have a second interview coming up, in which I get to explain how I would work it. Wish me well- pray me well. It's not exactly the camp I would start, but I would be a direct part of getting kids in need, into a camp that could change their world, and God could use me. Okay, so I want the job that is best for me. No: "Let her get the job" prayers. Just: "let her do well in her interview, and let them come to the best decision." Thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It makes me feel like I'm not just talking to a wall, and rids me of the feeling that this time, I said too much, or said something the wrong way.

(I review your comments first, so if you want to say something just to me, just let me know).

I love comments. It makes me feel like I'm not just talking to a wall, and rids me of the feeling that this time, I said too much, or said something the wrong way.

(I review your comments first, so if you want to say something just to me, just let me know).